Directions to Waterfront Park and Parking
HOW TO GET TO WATERFRONT PARK ON SHAMROCK RUN SUNDAY
The event site is at Waterfront Park in downtown Portland, which is located next to SW Naito Parkway between Pine and Salmon Streets.
From I-5 North (south of Portland), connect onto I-405 North and take the 4thAvenue exit. Continue north on SW 4th Avenue to Stark Street. Turn right onto Stark and look for parking in this area. Waterfront Park and the start area are four blocks east.
From I-5 South (north of Portland), take the City Center/Morrison Bridge exit and follow the signs to SW Naito Parkway.
From I-84 West (east of Portland), connect onto I-5 South and then take the City Center/Morrison Bridge exit and follow the signs to SW Naito Parkway.
From Highway 26 (west of Portland), take the Market Street exit and continue east on Market to SW 2nd Avenue. Turn left onto SW 2nd and continue north to SW Stark Street. Look for parking in this area. To reach Waterfront Park and the starting area, walk two blocks east on Stark.
Taking MAX or TriMet is an easy way to get to the Shamrock Run and saves the inconvenience of finding a place to park. For the best routes and schedules, call 503/238-RIDE (7433) or go to www.trimet.org.
MAX riders should step off at SW 1st and Oak Street and walk one block east to SW Naito Parkway and the start area at Waterfront Park.
We recommend booking convenient and affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation’s leading parking reservation app. To reserve your parking spot, visit the Shamrock Run SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up.
New to SpotHero? Click here to download the SpotHero app.
Downtown Parking Lots and Garage
City Center Parking operates a number of pay lots and garages in downtown Portland that are near Waterfront Park. Go to www.citycenterparking.com and click on the tab entitled “Lot Locator.”
Enter the distance you want from “Waterfront Park in Portland, Oregon” in the lot locator tool. The program will display a list of surface lots and garages in order of proximity to Waterfront Park. These lots and garage require a fee to park.
TO VISIT THE SHAMROCK FITNESS FAIR MARCH 13-14:
Oregon Convention Center Address:
777 NE MLK, Jr. Blvd. – Portland 97232
Directions and Parking:
- Onsite parking at the Oregon Convention Center is available in the underground garage, but can be limited. If you choose this parking option, you may enter the garage through either the NE Lloyd Boulevard (P1) or NE First Avenue (P2) entrances. Clearance on the P1 Level is 7 feet; clearance on the P2 Level is 9 feet.
- For additional parking options at the Oregon Convention Center, please click on the link above for a full list of nearby lots and street parking options.
- Standard Hourly Parking Rates:
- Free for 1 to 15 minutes
- $5 for 16 minutes to 1 hour
- $7 for 1 to 2 hours
- $9 for 2 to 3 hours
- $10 for 3 to 4 hours
- $12 for 4 to 18 hours (over 18 hours incurs an additional $2 per hour charge)
- Time is determined from the minute you enter the garage to the time you exit.
The Tradition Continues March 15, 2020!
Join in for Big St. Paddy’s Day Fun!
From family fun, to the iconic beer garden, distances and routes for all abilities and even a two-day Fitness Fair. Shamrock has something for everyone…and all with an Irish flair!