About the Race
Shamrock Run Portland
Founded in 1979, the Shamrock Run Portland is the largest running and walking event in Oregon and is the third largest running event in the western United States. In 2022, tens of thousands of participants will celebrate the 44th edition of the event on Sunday, March 13th at Waterfront Park in downtown Portland.
The Shamrock Run offers competitive races at 5 kilometers (3.1 miles), 8 kilometers (4.97 miles), 15 kilometers (9.3 miles) and a half-marathon (13.1 miles) with a field limit of 3000 runners. Shamrock also offers the Shamrock Stride – a 4-mile fitness walk – and the “Leprechaun Lap,” a 1km (0.6-mile) run/walk for children age 10 and younger.
Shamrock Sunday activities in the finish area include the beer garden, complimentary oatmeal, and an entertainment stage with performances from local musicians. Music is featured at the starting line and along the Shamrock routes.
Shamrock Weekend kicks-off with the Shamrock Run Fitness Fair. This two-day event at the Oregon Convention Center on March 11th and 12th is in conjunction with Shamrock participant bib number and t-shirt pickup. The Fitness Fair features more than 80 running and fitness exhibitors, celebrities and mascots, contests and give-aways and a Leprechaun Lane area for kids. More than 25,000 people attend the Shamrock Fitness Fair, presented by Moda Health.
The primary beneficiary of the event is Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Foundation, which has been affiliated with Shamrock for the past 24 years.
ALL REGISTERED SHAMROCK PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE:
- A souvenir Shamrock Run T-shirt
- A 12-ounce pour of beer (for participants 21 and older)
- A commemorative medal
- A bowl of hearty oatmeal provided by Bob’s Red Mill
- A Leprechaun Lap Cape (Leprechaun Lap only)
This year, we feature an improved way for Team Captains to register, manage and promote your team. Captains of teams of 12 or more and Super Teams will have easy access to your team information via a new process on Active.com.
Bib Number Pick-Up
Here are the ways to get your bib number and t-shirt before race day:
- Join a Team of 12 or more! Team captains get lots of perks, and team members get all bibs and t-shirts shipped to the Team Captains so you get yours before anyone else during the first week of March.
- Non-team members can get their bibs and t-shirts at the Shamrock Run Fitness Fair, presented by Moda Health, in Exhibit Hall A/A1 at the Oregon Convention Center. For runners, your timing chip is attached to the back of your bib number.
- Have a friend pick-up your bib for you at the Shamrock Fitness Fair (non-team members only). If you need a friend or family member to pick up your bib, please be sure you have:
- Signed the electronic waivers in your active.com account.
- Provided them a copy of your registration confirmation email (email copy is fine).
- Provided them a copy of your photo ID (photo via email or text is fine)
- Purchase Mail My Packet or Race Day Packet Pick-Up through Active.com
Shamrock Fitness Fair Hours:
Friday, March 11: 11am – 7 pm Saturday, March 12: 9am – 3 pm
Location: Oregon Convention Center, Exhibit Hall A/A1
777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland
Packet Mailing and Bib pickup on Shamrock Sunday is available for a $25 purchase during online registration, or you may visit https://myevents.active.com/ to add this purchase to your event (use your Active.com login email and password).
2022 Shamrock Fitness Fair
Friday, March 11: 11 am – 7 pm
Saturday, March 12: 9 am – 3 pm
Oregon Convention Center, Exhibit Hall A/A1
777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd. in Portland